Halogen Free No Clean Wire
CW-807 is Indium Corporation’s best-selling flux-cored wire primarily because it is compatible with all Indium Corporation no-clean solder pastes, wave fluxes, and all common soft solder alloys. It also solders very well while still meeting the most recent requirements of J-STD-004B type ROL0. CW-807 contains less than 500 ppm total halogen, so it can be considered halogen-free by both J-STD-004B and JEITA ET-7304. CW-807 passes the more stringent Surface Insulation Resistance (SIR) and Electromigration (ECM) requirements of J-STD-004 revision B, therefore the no-clean residue will be electronically safe for virtually all applications. Also when properly configured,* cored wire with CW-807 yields superior results in automated soldering operations, including laser soldering.
- Halogen-free per J-STD-004B* To be halogen-free per J-STD-004B, the formula must contain less than 500ppm of any kind of halogen, ionic or nonionically bonded chlorine, bromine, or fluorine. This is new to J-STD-004B since fluxes that conform to the original J-STD-004 or J-STD-004A may still contain halogens that only disassociate at soldering temperatures, but leave a residue that contains ionic halogen.
- Light-colored, low-smoking, rosin-containing fluxRosin, modified rosins, and resins contribute to enhanced heat stability and reliability. However, in some cases, rosins and resins may interfere with probe-testability.
- Tested compatibility with Hot Air Solder Leveled (HASL), Immersion Silver, Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold (ENIG), and Organically Solder Preserved (OSP) Copper surfaces.
- Tested for use with all common lead-free and tin-lead alloys, including:
- Indalloy® 227
- Indalloy® 254
- silver-free tin-copper plus additive alloys, such as Indium Corporation’s Sn995
- and many others.